Monarch Airlines - Job cuts required to “remain competitive”
Monarch Airlines announced in early Jan-09, it will cut 50 jobs in order to “remain competitive”, as the UK economic recession deepens. The job losses will affect head office, aircraft engineering, and UK line station employees at Luton, Gatwick, Manchester and Birmingham, with 25 job losses to occur at Luton. The carrier has 3,000 employees. [779 words]
Unlock the following content in this report:
- Carries a record breaking 3.9 million scheduled passengers in 2008
- Introduces baggage allowance for infants
- Increased holiday period services
- Monarch Aircraft Engineering joins Kuehne + Nagel in airfreight partnership
Graphs and data:
- Monarch Airlines scheduled traffic highlights for Oct-08
- Monarch Airlines scheduled traffic highlights for Nov-08
- Monarch Airlines scheduled traffic highlights for Dec-08
- Increased services for Christmas and New Year 2008/2009
Please login to continue reading or find out more about CAPA Membership below.
This content is exclusively for CAPA Membership Subscribers
CAPA Membership gives you the latest aviation news and alerts, access to CAPA articles, reports, and our leading aviation data with optional premium add-ons.