FAA heralds the “arrival” of NextGen
After years of trials and test programmes, the promise of the deployment of a new US aviation management system is finally beginning to be fulfilled. On 18-Nov-08, the outgoing Bush administration signed an executive order to accelerate the deployment of NextGen, the modernisation and restructuring of the US National Aviation System (NAS). [1009 words]
Unlock the following content in this report:
- Tests at the periphery: Alaska and Florida see first deployment
- Florida trial proves successful
- WAAS passes major milestone
- NextGen, not quite here yet
Graphs and data:
- Capstone accident rate reduction
- Florida ADS-B coverage & ground stations
Please login to continue reading or find out more about CAPA Membership below.
This content is exclusively for CAPA Membership Subscribers
CAPA Membership gives you the latest aviation news and alerts, access to CAPA articles, reports, and our leading aviation data with optional premium add-ons.