Air Berlin takes a bigger piece of NIKI
Germany’s leading LCC (and Europe’s third largest) Air Berlin has increased its shareholding in Austria’s NIKI Luftfahrt GmbH to almost 50%, consolidating NIKI within the Air Berlin group while it remains a legally independent company with its own management. A similar arrangement was made for Austrian Airlines (AUA) when it was taken over by Lufthansa but is this a sign of genuine consolidation within the European LCC domain? [1453 words]
Unlock the following content in this report:
- Largest LCC at Vienna
- Lufthansa takeover of AUA ‘a catastrophe’ – Lauda
- Radical measures
Graphs and data:
- Vienna Airport total carrier capacity share
- Air Berlin passenger numbers and passenger load factor: 2007 to 2009
- Air Berlin fleet composition: 2007 vs 2008 vs 2009
- Air Berlin financial highlights for the 12 months ended 31-Dec-2009
- Air Berlin cost growth in 2009
Please login to continue reading or find out more about CAPA Membership below.
This content is exclusively for CAPA Membership Subscribers
CAPA Membership gives you the latest aviation news and alerts, access to CAPA articles, reports, and our leading aviation data with optional premium add-ons.