Virgin Blue passenger numbers down 2.5% - traffic highlights in Jul-2009:
- Passenger numbers: 1.5 million, -2.5% year-on-year;
- Domestic: 1.3 million, -8.4%;
- International: 232,783, +52.5%;
- Load factor: 78.5%, -3.7 ppts;
- Domestic: 79.9%, -3.2 ppts;
- International: 75.8%, -0.8 ppt. [more]
Virgin Blue: “Virgin Blue traffic, measured by Revenue Passenger Kilometres (RPKs) decreased by 6.9% while capacity, measure by Available Seat Kilometres (ASKs) decreased by 3.3% over the same period. Revenue load factor was down 3.2 ppts from the previous year, reflecting the strong demand experienced in Jul-2008 in respect of World Youth Day and the Qantas Industrial unrest during the period. However, yields for July still remained broadly in line with the prior year,” Company statement. Source: Virgin Blue, 03-Sep-2009.