UPS revenue down 15.0% - consolidated financial highlights for the three months ended 30-Sep-2009:
- Revenue: USD11,150 million, -15.0% year-on-year;
- US Domestic: USD6,870 million, -12.4%;
- International Package: USD2,420 million, -18.0%;
- Supply Chain & Freight: USD1,860 million, -19.8%;
- Operating profit: USD929 million, -43.0%;
- US Domestic: USD514 million, -54.1%;
- International Package: USD313 million, -18.9%;
- Supply Chain & Freight: USD102 million, -20.9%. [more]
UPS: "I'm encouraged by the signs of economic recovery that are becoming apparent, although we still have a long way to go,” Scott Davis, Chairman & CEO. Source: UPS, 22-Oct-2009.
UPS: "The business environment in the third quarter began similarly to that of the preceding quarter. However, we did see profitability improvement due to effective cost management and firming volume later in the quarter," Kurt Kuehn, CFO. Source: UPS, 22-Oct-2009.