17-Aug-2009 11:14 AM
Thai Airways 2Q2009 revenue down 31.9%, loss of USD158.2 million
- Three months ended 30-Jun-2009:
- Revenue: USD1,015 million, -31.9% year-on-year;
- Total costs: 1,129 million, -35.7%;
- Profit (loss): (USD158.2 million), compared to a loss of USD271.0 million in the previous corresponding period;
- Passenger traffic (RPKs): -22.7%;
- Load factor: 66.2%, -9.9 ppts;
- Passenger yield per RPK: USD 6.9 cents, -11.2%;
- Cargo yield: USD 25.3 cents, -23.5%;
- Six months ended 30-Jun-2009:
- Profit: USD74.1 million, compared to a loss of USD203.0 million in the previous corresponding period.
- *Based on the conversion rate at USD1 = THB34.13
Meanwhile, Thai Airways Chairman, Wallop Bhukkanasut, stated he expects the carrier to return to profit in 3Q2009 and achieve its targets for 4Q2009, enabling it to produce a profit for FY2009.