Thai AirAsia CEO, Tassapon Bijleveld, stated the carrier expects to report improved earnings this year, due to increased efficiency, stronger sales and improved yields, forecasting the following figures for FY2009 and FY2010 (Bangkok Post, 05-Feb-2010).
- Net profit: over USD3 million;
- Revenue: over USD241.3 million;
- Passenger numbers: 5.1 million;
- Net profit: over USD30.2 million;
- Revenue: over USD362 million;
- Passenger numbers: 5.8 million;
- Load factor: +7 ppts, 85%.
The carrier also plans to focus on the launch of services to India, strengthening its services from its second hub in Phuket and modernising its fleet to all A320 aircraft. The carrier plans to launch Bangkok-Mumbai service in Apr-2010, followed Delhi, Kolkata and Hyderabad later in 2010.