SWISS adds new destinations as of winter timetable
Swiss International Air Lines announced new destinations in its winter timetable, which will see reduced frequencies on selected routes and the withdrawal from others offset by increased in frequencies elsewhere. SWISS plans to launch daily Zurich-Beijing and Geneva-Nice services in Feb-2012. Service from Zurich and Geneva to London, Moscow and Madrid will be increased. The airline will drop Zurich-Sofia service due to weak demand. [more - original PR]
Geneva highlights include:
- An increase in service to London City from four to five times daily from 31-Oct-2011;
- New twice daily Moscow service will launch on 16-Dec-2011;
- New twice daily Nice service will launch on 10-Feb-2012 using A319 equipment;
- Madrid service will increase from twice to three times from 10-Feb-2012;
- To allow for the Nice and Madrid service increases, SWISS will base a tenth aircraft at Geneva Airport.