Singapore Changi Airport passenger numbers up 10% - traffic highlights:
- Passenger numbers: 4.4 million, +9.7% year-on-year;
- Cargo volume: 153,330 tonnes, +0.1%;
- Aircraft movements: 26,662, +6.4%;
- Six months ended 30-Jun-2012:
- Passenger numbers: 25.0 million, +11.6%;
- Cargo volume: 898,373 tonnes, -1.0%;
- Aircraft movements: 159,530, +10.2%.
According to the airport, demand for travel to and from the Middle East (+22%), South Asia (+15%) and Northeast Asia (+14%) has contributed to the increase in passenger traffic in 1H2012, while Guangzhou, New Delhi, Beijing, Frankfurt and Taipei registered the strongest percentage growth, among sectors with at least a quarter of a million passengers during the period. Traffic to China and India also reported the strongest growth among markets with at least a million passengers.