Loading
5-Jan-2012 8:21 AM

Shenzhen International completes 24% acquisition of Shenzhen Airlines

Shenzhen International Holdings Limited announced (04-Jan-2012) the company completed the acquisition of a 24% equity interest in Shenzhen Airlines Company Limited (Shenzhen Airlines) on 04-Jan-2012. As at the completion of the transaction, Shenzhen International has increased its indirect equity interest in Shenzhen Airlines from 25% to 49%, while the remaining 51% is owned by Air China Limited. Shenzhen International Holdings stated Shenzhen Airlines contributed a profit of HKD187 million (USD24.1 million) to the company in 1H2011, representing an approximate 3.5-fold increase from a profit of HKD41.75 million in the corresponding period of the previous year. [more - original PR]

Shenzhen International Holdings Limited: "The market demand for domestic air transportation has continued to grow, contributing to a sound operating environment and thereby good operating results for Shenzhen Airlines. We believe this transaction can further enhance returns for the Company's shareholders," Guo Yuan, chairman. Source: Company statement, 04-Jan-2012.

Want More News Like This?

CAPA Membership gives you access to all news and analysis on the site, along with access to many areas of our comprehensive databases and toolsets.
Find Out More