Rolls-Royce announced (13-Jul-2012) the following orders for engines and services from airlines at the Farnborough International Airshow:
- Malaysia Airlines: Rolls-Royce TotalCare for Trent 900 engines for A380 fleet;
- Aviancataca: Trent 700 engine order to power A330 aircraft, valued at USD280 million;
- Garuda Indonesia: Trent 700 engine order to power A330 aircraft. Value not disclosed;
- British Airways: TotalCare nacelle maintenance services for Trent 900 and Trent 1000 engines. Value not disclosed;
- Cathay Pacific Airways: Ordered Trent XWB engines to power 10 A350-1000 aircraft. Value not disclosed;
- Synergy Group: Ordered Trent 700 engines, valued at USD630 million.
Rolls-Royce also announced enhancements for its Trent 700 and Trent 1000 engines and the Trent 1000-TEN, an advanced version of the engine that powers the Boeing 787. The Trent 1000-TEN will deliver an improvement of up to 3% in specific fuel consumption when it enters service in 2016. [more - original PR]