Qantas to restore domestic capacity citing improving demand
- Adelaide-Melbourne: to 67 times weekly;
- Brisbane-Sydney: to 146 times weekly;
- Brisbane-Townsville: to 36 times weekly;
- Melbourne-Perth: to 46 times weekly;
- Sydney-Ayers Rock: to eight times weekly;
- Adelaide-Brisbane: to 24 times weekly - see Route Changes Table for more information.
Increased capacity from B737 to B767 aircraft includes:
Qantas stated it expects domestic demand to recover faster than international demand (Business Spectator, 21-Dec-2009). CFO, Colin Storrie, stated the carrier is starting to see an improvement in forward bookings for international operations, but it would "be a while" until its 5% increase in fares improves revenues.
Qantas: “We are seeing some improvements in domestic demand and so the time is right to begin restoring capacity to ensure we are well place to meet that demand,” Alan Joyce, CEO. Source: Qantas, 21-Dec-2009.