Germany's Munich Airport reported (05-Apr-2013) the following traffic highlights for three months ended 31-Mar-2013:
- Passenger numbers: 8.4 million, -0.3% year-on-year;
- Domestic: 2.2 million, -7%;
- Europe: 4.9 million, +3%;
- Intercontinental: 1.4 million, stable;
- Cargo volume: 65,800 tonnes, -3.8%;
- Aircraft movements: 87,740, -7.5%. [more - original PR - German]
Munich Airport attributed the passenger traffic decline to severe winter weather and strike actions during 1Q2013. The airport also reported load factor improved 1.4 ppt to 72% during the period.