MAp pax traffic mixed in Mar-2011
MAp reports mixed passenger traffic across all three airports – traffic highlights in Mar-2011:
- Sydney Airport: 2.97 million, -0.1%;
- Domestic: 2.1 million, +1.3%;
- International: 891,000, -2.7%
- Copenhagen: 1.77 million, +0.1%;
- Domestic: 157,000, -6.4%;
- International: 1.2 million, +3.7%;
- Transfer: 444,000, -62%;
- Intra-EU: 891,000, +10.2%;
- Extra-EU: 515,000, +9.4%.
MAp: “MAp’s airports operated in a challenging environment during March 2011, affected by natural disasters in Asia-Pacific and political unrest in the Middle East and North Africa. Despite these impacts and the later Easter timing, Sydney and Copenhagen achieved overall traffic levels in line with the pcp. Brussels delivered very strong growth as a result of Spring holiday travel and ongoing growth of the Star Alliance carriers.” Kerrie Mather, CEO. Source: Company Statement, 20-Apr-2011.