Loading
8-Jun-2010 1:06 PM

LOT receives expressions of interest from six parties

LOT Polish Airlines CEO, Sebastian Mikosz, stated it has received interest from four aviation companies and two private-equity funds to acquire it (Bloomberg, 07-Jun-2010). The carrier’s plan to return to profitability in 2010, including a cost cutting plan which will reduce staff by 12%, is helping it to attract interest. The carrier is 93% owned by the Polish Government, which is seeking to privatise the airline. The remaining 7% is held by LOT employees.

LOT: “We’re not the only one on the market who is looking for an investor, but at the same time, it’s a very good moment. We completed the phase of sending teasers, and now we’re in a situation where we have a few airlines and a few investment funds interested,” Sebastian Mikosz, CEO. Source: Bloomberg, 07-Jun-2010.

Want More News Like This?

CAPA Membership gives you access to all news and analysis on the site, along with access to many areas of our comprehensive databases and toolsets.
Find Out More