Loading
1-Jul-2011 2:04 PM

Korean Air Lines and Pratt & Whitney to construct engine maintenance facility

Korean Air Lines and Pratt & Whitney announced plans to construction a KRW120 billion (USD112 million) aircraft engine maintenance facility at Seoul Incheon Airport (Bloomberg, 30-Jun-2011). The facility, due to open in 2014, will be able to service 200 engines p/a by 2020 when it will also post sales of more than KRW1 trillion. The centre will support powerplants for aircraft including B777, B787 and A380 equipment. Korean Air owns 90% of the Incheon Aviation Tech JV, while Pratt & Whitney owns the remaining 10%.

Want More News Like This?

CAPA Membership gives you access to all news and analysis on the site, along with access to many areas of our comprehensive databases and toolsets.
Find Out More