Jet2.com profit down 12% in FY2012
- Revenue: GBP461.3 million, +25% year-on-year;
- Operating costs: GBP439.6 million, +27%;
- Operating profit: GBP21.7 million, -12%;
- Scheduled passenger numbers: 4.3 million, +27%;
- Load factor: 87%, +2 ppts;
- Retail revenue per passenger: GBP27.86, +7.8%.
Looking ahead, the group expects the carrier to increase passenger numbers by 10% in FY2013. In FY2012, Jet2.com operated 145 routes from its nine Northern bases to 49 destinations.
Dart Group: “We have expanded Jet2.com’s flying programme by 10% for summer 2012, although margins remain challenging in this sector.” Source: Company statement, 07-Aug-2012.