DHL 3Q2009 revenue down 18.6%, EBIT down 76%
Deutsche Post DHL revenue down 18.6% - financial highlights for the three months ended 30-Sep-2009:
- Revenue: EUR11,237 million, -8.6% year-on-year;
- Mail: EUR3,277 million, -3.9%;
- Express: EUR2,532 million, -27.1%;
- Global Forwarding Freight: EUR2,644 million, -30.4%;
- Supply Chain: EUR3,078 million, -11.6%;
- EBIT (loss): EUR231 million, -75.8%;
- Mail: EUR323 million, -64.7%;
- Express: EUR11 million, compared to a loss of EUR15 million in the previous corresponding period;
- Global Forwarding Freight: EUR55 million, -49.1%;
- Supply Chain: (EUR87 million), compared to a profit of EUR51 million in the previous corresponding period;
- Net profit* (loss): (EUR83 million), compared to a profit of EUR879 million in the previous corresponding period. [more]
*After minorities and including Postbank
DHL: “With our cost management bearing fruit we are able to mostly offset the negative effects of the crisis. Although we see initial positive signals with the stabilization of transport volumes, there’s still no indication of a full-scale economic recovery. Therefore we can’t ease up; we must accelerate our efforts,” Frank Appel, Chief Executive Officer. Source: DHL, 05-Nov-2009.
DHL: “As a result of the progress Deutsche Post DHL has made in its cost management and the first signs of market recovery, the Group has raised its previous target of EUR1.2 billion for underlying EBIT for the fiscal year 2009 to at least EUR1.35 billion in spite of the still challenging business climate. In addition, Deutsche Post DHL continues to expect a positive net profit for the full year. Our third-quarter results and the new forecast are positive indications that we are on the right track. But we still have a long way to go to unlock our full potential," Larry Rosen, CFO. Source: DHL, 05-Nov-2009.