19-May-2011 8:56 AM
Bombardier increases 20-year commercial aircraft forecast by 300 units
Bombardier Aerospace released (18-May-2011) its annual aircraft market forecasts for the business and commercial aircraft markets.
Commercial aircraft market forecast:
- Demand for 20 to 149-seat commercial aircraft is expected to result in 13,100 new aircraft deliveries between 2011 and 2030, valued at approximately USD639 billion. This is an increase of 300 units compared to the previous forecast.
- World GDP growth: 3.4% p/a, +0.2 percentage points from previous forecast.
Deliveries by segment:
- 20-59 seat: 300 new aircraft, valued at USD6.5 billion;
- 60-99 seat: 5800 new aircraft, valued at USD208.6 billion;
- 100-149 seat: 7000 new aircraft, valued at USD423.7 billion.
Business aircraft market forecast:
- Demand for business aircraft between 2011 and 2030 is expected to result in sales of 24,000 business jets in all segments in which Bombardier competes, valued at USD626 billion.
- 2011 to 2020: 10,000 deliveries worth USD260 billion;
- 2021 to 2030: 14,000 deliveries worth USD366 billion. [more]