Avianova announced plans to commence operations on 27-Aug-09, with four services from Vnukovo Airport to four Russian cities, with one-way tickets starting at RUB250 (USD7.70) (excluding charges) (Moscow Times, 13-Aug-09). Details include:
- Base: Vnukovo Airport;
- Fleet: Two 12-year old A320s on five-year leases from ILFC and previously operated by US Airways, with the carrier planning to acquire two additional aircraft for the Winter Schedule;
- Initial destinations: Serving domestic destinations with sector lengths of up to three hours, with no plans to launch international or charter services. Initial services to include Sochi, Krasnodar, Rostov-on-Don and Samara, with Naberezhniye Chelny and Astrakhan to be added within a month;
- Ownership: Controlled by Alfa Group and Indigo Partners, through Russian company Luch. Alfa Group is the ultimate majority shareholder through its investment subsidiary, A1;
- Passenger targets: Targeting 500,000 passengers in 2009 (aex, 11-Aug-09);
- Executive Team: Vladimir Gorbunov as Director. Andrew Pyne, the founder and former CEO of Viva Macau is a representative of both Alfa Group and Indigo. There have been reports that Mr Pyne will have an active role in the operation of the airline, but could not be appointed as Director during to regulatory restrictions.