Autogrill revenue up 4% in 2012
- Revenue: EUR6077.6 million, +4.0% year-on-year;
- Travel Retail & Duty Free: EUR2002 million, +10%;
- EBITDA: EUR589.9 million, -4.4%;
- Travel Retail & Duty Free: EUR262.3 million, +14.9%;
- Net profit: EUR96.8 million, -23.4%. [more – original PR]
Autogrill: “The first two months of 2013 saw a continuation of the previous year’s trend, characterised by an airport channel more dynamic than motorways in an extremely weak economic scenario in most countries in the euro zone. Group sales in the first eight weeks of 2013 were up 1.1%, with both sectors showing growth. There was a slight increase (0.5%) in Food & Bevarage sales thanks to good performance in North American airports that offset the persistent weakness of the Italian motorway channel, where the recession is continuing to cause a structural reduction in traffic and travellers’ spending. There was a more marked improvement in Travel Retail sales (up 2.6%), which outperformed traffic.” Source: Company statement, 07-Mar-2013.