- Funding: A total of USD2.9 billion in additional liquidity and new aircraft financing has been obtained:
- USD1.3 billion in new liquidity, including USD1 billion in cash from the advance sale of AAdvantage frequent flyer miles to Citi;
- USD280 million in cash under a loan facility from GECAS secured by owned aircraft;
- USD1.6 billion in sale-leaseback financing commitments from GECAS for B737s previously ordered by the company.
- Fleet: Signed a letter of intent with Bombardier to exercise options for the purchase of 22 additional CRJ700 aircraft for delivery beginning in the middle of 2010;
- Hubs: Reallocating capacity to hubs in Dallas/Fort Worth, Chicago, Miami and New York;
- Product: American Eagle to add a First Class cabin to its fleet of 25 Bombardier CRJ700 regional jets; [more]
18-Sep-2009 10:14 AM