Alitalia revenue up 13% in 1H2010
Alitalia revenue up 13% - financial highlights for the six months ended 30-Jun-2010:
- Revenue: EUR1,480 million, +13% year-on-year;
- Operating profit (loss): (EUR129 million), compared with a loss of EUR273 million in p-c-p;
- Net profit (loss): (EUR164 million), compared with a loss of EUR324 million in p-c-p;
- Total debt: EUR783 million;
- Total cash and cash equivalents: EUR491 million;
- Fleet: 156 aircraft;
- Passenger numbers: 10.6 million, +3%;
- Load factor: 68%, +9.3 ppts.
Alitalia completed a EUR20 million investment in fleet upgrades, including cabin refits on 46 Airbus medium-range aircraft during 1H2010. The carrier took delivery of five new A320s in 1H2010 and two new A320s and A330 in Jul-2010. [more]
Alitalia: “Revenues stood at EUR1,480 million, representing growth of 13% with respect to the first half of 2009 (EUR1,309 million). The trend in revenues posted a substantial improvement between the first quarter (EUR649 million) and the second quarter (EUR831 million). Such progress was primarily driven by the seasonal trend and the recovery in air traffic demand, primarily in America and Asia and then to a less extent in Europe, and even less in Italy,” Company statement. Source: Alitalia, 30-Jul-2010.