Alitalia revenue up 4% - financial highlights for three months ended 30-Sep-2012:
- Revenue: EUR1126 million, +4% year-on-year;
- Operating profit: EUR50 million, -40%;
- Net profit: EUR27 million, -42%;
- Passenger numbers: 7.5 million, -1.2%;
- Load factor: 78%, +0.5 ppt;
- Flight punctuality: 83.8%, +1.9 ppt. [more - original PR]
Alitalia: “The outlook for quarter four confirms the strong slowdown of demand ascribable to the uncertainties of the global economic and financial scenario, as well as the persistence of high oil-price and euro/dollar exchange-rate levels, which will strongly impact on the costs of the Alitalia Group. Alitalia Group aims at a record result in Q4 with the ultimate purpose of closing the year with a trend reversal vs. the first half of 2012. It should be noted that in Alitalia’s history, Q4 has never closed with a positive EBIT, and the best result in the last 20 years has been the 2009 level of -15 million. Last year, the fourth quarter closed at -27.” Source: Company statement, 25-Oct-2012.