ALC purchases eight 787-9s for lease to Vietnam Airlines, aircraft for KLM, Sichuan, LAM & Emirates
- The purchase of eight new Boeing 787-9 aircraft for lease to Vietnam Airlines. Deliveries of aircraft are scheduled for 2017 and 2018. This transaction marks ALC's longest lead time for a lease placement to date;
- The purchase from Macquarie Aviation of one 777-300ER on long-term lease to Emirates (a new customer for ALC);
- One incremental A330-200 on long-term lease to KLM delivering in 2013;
- One A330-300 from the ALC pipeline on long-term lease to Sichuan Airlines delivering in 2013. Sichuan Airlines also executed a four-year extension on one A319 aircraft currently on lease from ALC;
- One Embraer E190 from the ALC pipeline leased to LAM (Mozambique) delivering in 2012. [more - original PR]
Air Lease Corporation: “These global lease placements demonstrate the growth of our widebody business in Asia, the addition of Emirates to our customer base, our increasing level of business with KLM, as well as our further expansion into proven carriers in Southern Africa such as LAM. The marketplace for the products represented by these lease placements remain strong," John L Plueger, president and COO. Source: Company statement, 30-Apr-2012.