Airport of Thailand (AoT) reports (15-Feb-2010) the following financial highlights for the three months ended 31-Dec-2009:
- Revenue: THB6,222 million, +15.22% year-on-year;
- Aeronautical: THB3,457 million, +18.2%;
- Non-aeronautical: THB2,764 million, +11.7%;
- Operating costs: THB4,825 million, +11.9%;
- Operating profit: THB1,397 million, +28.2%;
- Net profit (loss): THB798 million, compared to a loss of THB1,679 million in the previous corresponding period;
Airport of Thailand: "Thailand’s tourism has recovered as a result of the national economic growth which is projected to increase for this year, comparing to a decrease from last year. Moreover, the economic stimulus measures from the government leads to an increase of AoT’s air traffic statistics in Oct-2009 to Dec-2009 for the movements of the number of aircraft, passenger and cargo were increased by 19.61%, 33.72% and 26.71% respectively from the same period of last year," Company Statement. Source: AoT, 15-Feb-2010.