airberlin reports improved loss in 2Q2013, notes ability to reach targets increasingly 'challenging'
airberlin reported (14-Aug-2013) the following preliminary financial highlights for 2Q2013:
- Revenue: EUR1110 million, -1.8%;
- Operating profit (loss): (EUR8.1 million), compared to a loss of EUR29.4 million in p-c-p;
- EBITDAR: EUR166.4 million, +12%;
- Net profit (loss): (EUR38.0 million), compared to a loss of EUR99.8 million in p-c-p;
- Average yield: EUR113.74, +0.8%;
- Revenue per ASK: EUR 7.20 cents, +4.8%;
- Capacity: -8%;
- Capacity utilisation: 83.7%, +4 ppts;
- Routes: 440, -15.4%;
- Route frequency: +14%;
- Liquid assets: EUR436.8 million, +38.7%;
- Equity capital: EUR116.3 million. [more - original PR]
airberlin: "An improved operating income, increased capacity utilisation, increasing revenue per seat kilometer and stable revenue despite capacity reduction, demonstrate that important key numbers are moving in the right direction. The positive effects of our Turbine program will bear fruit later in the year. As a result of the generally muted economic conditions and the market environment, the ability to reach our targets is becoming increasingly challenging," Wolfgang Prock-Schauer, CEO. Source: Company statement, 14-Aug-2013.