airberlin reports first profitability since 2007 in 2012
airberlin reported (21-Feb-2013) the following preliminary financial highlights for 2012:
- Revenue: EUR4310 million, +1.9% year-on-year;
- Operating profit: EUR70.2 million, an improvement of EUR317.2 million year-on-year;
- Net profit: EUR6.8 million, return to profitability since 2007 and from a loss of EUR420.4 million in 2011;
- Passenger numbers: 33.3 million, -5.5%;
- Yield: EUR120.05, +7.7%;
- Capacity utilisation: 79.8%, +1.6 ppt;
- Fleet: 155 aircraft, -15 aircraft. [more – original PR]
The carrier is scheduled to publish detailed results for 2012 on 20-Mar-2013.
airberlin: “Our results are just now reflecting the first 12 months of a long term partnership which will deliver substantial commercial and operational benefits. In 2013, we are confident that we’ll achieve further revenue enhancements and, above all, further cost synergies with our partner, Etihad Airways,” Wolfganf Prock-Schauer, CEO. Source: Company statement, 21-Feb-2013.