AirAsia X pax numbers up 24% in 2Q2013, cargo up 27%
AirAsia X reports (06-Aug-2013) the following traffic highlights for the three months ended Jun-2013:
- Passenger numbers: 697,112, +24.2% year-on-year;
- Passenger load factor: 81.8%, -0.5 ppt;
- Passenger traffic (RPKs): +20.6%;
- Capacity (ASKs):+21.3%;
- Cargo volume: 9312 tonnes, +27%.
- Size of fleet at month end^: 12 aircraft compared to 9 aircraft in p-c-p. [more – original PR]
^Number of operational fleet excluding the two A340s
AirAsia X: “RPKs and ASKs had increased by 20.6% and 21.3%, respectively, in comparison with the previous year’s corresponding quarter, as the result of the increased fleet size. Load factor levels on all the routes that AAX has operated for over a year have overall remained steady despite the tough operating environment.” Source: Company statement, 06-Aug-2013.