Air Mauritius revenue down 21.9%, returns to profitability in 3QFY2010
Air Mauritius revenue down 21.9% - consolidated financial highlights for the three months ended 31-Dec-2009:
- Operating revenue: EUR101.6 million, -21.9% year-on-year;
- Operating cost: EUR87.3 million, -33.1%;
- Operating profit: EUR8.8 million, compared to a loss of EUR6.3 million in the previous corresponding period;
- Profit before tax: EUR3.4 million, compared to a loss of EUR6.6 million in the previous corresponding period;
- Net profit: EUR15.7 million, compared to a loss of EUR110.9 million in the previous corresponding period. [more]
Air Mauritius: “For the second successive quarter, the Group and the Company recorded positive results in spite of all the challenges facing the airline industry. The various measures implemented by the Company to stimulate revenue, modulate capacity to demand, improve efficiencies and reduce costs have contributed to such results. In line with improving demand, capacity is being increased on certain routes. However, conditions remain challenging as yields continue to be under pressure, oil prices are volatile and the EURO weakens further against the US Dollar,” Company statement. Source: Air Mauritius, 11-Feb-2010.