22-Feb-2017 11:24 AM
AerCap fleet portfolio reaches 1566 aircraft at end of 2016, with 99.5% utilisation
AerCap reported (22-Feb-2017) the following operational highlights for 2016:
- 458 aircraft transactions executed, including 126 widebody transactions;
- 99.5% fleet utilisation rate for the full year;
- Weighted average fleet age of 7.4 years;
- Weighted average remaining lease term of 6.4 years;
- 98% of new aircraft deliveries placed on lease through 2018;
- 78% of new aircraft deliveries leased through 2018;
- Fleet portfolio of 1566 aircraft that were owned, on order or managed (including aircraft owned by AerDragon, a non-consolidated joint venture) as of the end of 2016.
- USD9.5 billion of available liquidity as of end of 2016;
- Adjusted debt/equity ratio of 2.7 to 1;
- Upgraded to investment grade rating (Ba1, outlook stable) by Moody’s Investor Service;
- USD49.33 book value per share;
- Repurchased 5.7 million shares in 4Q2016 for USD241 million and 25 million shares in 2016 for USD966 million.
- Board authorised new USD350 million share repurchase programme, to run through 30-Jun-2017. [more - original PR]