- Passenger numbers: 291.8 million, +7.9% year-on-year;
- Domestic: 151.9 million, +5.8%;
- International: 137.5 million, +10.3%;
- Cargo volume: 5.8 million tonnes, +26.8%:
- Domestic: 1.7 million tonnes, +12.3%;
- International: 3.8 million tonnes, +34.6%. [more]
ACI: “Worldwide freight growth wins the spotlight this month with a 27% increase worldwide and an even more spectacular 35% rise for international freight. Air freight remains on track to reach or exceed pre-crisis levels in the second quarter. The strong upward trend is still intact which bodes well for a sustained global economic recovery," Andreas Schimm, ACI Director of Economics. Source: ACI, 01-Jul-2010.