Update to the domestic New Zealand schedule
- For travel up to 21 September: The domestic New Zealand schedule that is currently available in the GDS will remain in place, however will be adjusted if necessary, subject to demand.
- All domestic New Zealand flights to/from Auckland for travel between 22-28 September will be cancelled, and the below new flights will be progressively rolled out to the GDS today.
|Date||Sectors v.v.||Return flights per sector per day|
|AKL-WLG, AKL-NPE, AKL-WRE||1|
|25-Sep||AKL-CHC, AKL-WLG, AKL-WRE||1|
|26-Sep||AKL-CHC, AKL-WLG, AKL-NPE, AKL-WRE, AKL-TRG||1|
|AKL-WLG, AKL-NPE, AKL-NSN, AKL-WRE, AKL-TRG||1|
- Our current schedule outside of Auckland for travel between 22 September-23 October 2021 will have some flight consolidations. All passengers will automatically be accommodated onto the next available service. Please ensure you check your queues for impacted bookings, contact your customers and update bookings as soon as possible.
While Auckland is at elevated Alert Levels (3 or 4), customers outside of Auckland wishing to reroute from Auckland to now depart from Hamilton can do so on, the same calendar day without additional collection, e.g. AKL-CHC to HLZ-CHC.
No refund is permitted unless fare rules permit. A fare difference may apply if customers are changing to another date. Please use the endorsement "Change due NZ alert levels”.
For guidance on who can travel while New Zealand is at Alert Level restrictions, please visit the Ministry of Transport website.
Please continue to refer to the Customer Flexibility Guide for information on how to assist customers with any changes required.
A total of 13 return services will operate over this period as outlined below and are now available for sale in your GDS.
|Route||Flight #||Day of week|
|WLG-KKE||NZ8482||Mon-Fri & Sun|
|KKE-WLG||NZ8483||Mon-Fri & Sun|
Affected flights will be cancelled, and customers will be rebooked onto an alternative date where a flight is operating. These will be progressively rolled out to the GDS from today.
Please ensure you check your queues for impacted bookings, contact your customers and update bookings as soon as possible.
Please note, services are subject to change as governments continue to introduce or update travel and border restrictions.
The following options are available for customers with international flights cancelled (UN’d) for travel to the Islands:
- Make a date change as per the Schedule Change Policy.
- Hold the ticket in credit as per the Customer Flexibility Guide. Tickets will be processed onto a Virtual Card in due course.