Qantas And Air France Renew Partnership To Offer Customers More Travel Options Between Australia And
- Renewed codeshare agreement between Air France and Qantas;
- Connecting Australia and Paris through Hong Kong and Singapore;
- Codeshare on more than 200(1) weekly flights from 20 July 2018;
- Simplified and improved travel experiences for customers.
Available for booking from 5 June for travel from 20 July 2018, Air France will add its code to Qantas flights between Hong Kong and Sydney, Melbourne and Brisbane and between Singapore and Sydney, Melbourne, Brisbane and Perth.
Under the reciprocal deal, Qantas will add its code to flights operated by Air France between Singapore and Hong Kong and Paris-Charles de Gaulle, as a continuation of flights from Sydney, Brisbane, Melbourne and Perth.
The new agreement will see the two airlines codeshare on a total of more than 200(1) flights per week.
Customers will benefit from more seamless travel experiences with single ticket itineraries and through-checked baggage as well as the opportunity to earn points on the new codeshare services.
Air France eligible customers(3) will also be able to access Qantas lounges in Hong Kong, Singapore and Australia, as well as Qantas eligible customers to Air France lounges in Paris, Hong Kong and Singapore.
Patrick Alexandre, EVP Commercial Sales and Alliances at Air France-KLM, said: “We are very pleased to be re-establishing a partnership with Qantas. Thanks to this agreement, the Air France-KLM group will be able to offer one of the best possible travel solutions for its customers from Europe to Australia. It will also deliver a better travel experience for our Business customers, with connections in Singapore and Hong Kong, two of the most popular airports in the world. This new cooperation confirms our group’s desire to expand in the Asia-Pacific region.”
Alison Webster, CEO of Qantas International, added: “This is great news for our customers who want to travel to Europe via Asia, giving them another option to get to Paris and more opportunities to earn Frequent Flyer Points. The return of this popular codeshare delivers on our strategy of partnering to provide customers with access to an expanded network and more seamless travel experiences wherever they want to fly.”
Flight schedules (in local time) operated by Air France in July-October 2018:
- AF256: leaves Paris-Charles de Gaulle at 20:50, arrives in Singapore at 15:45 the following day;
- AF257: leaves Singapore at 22:35, arrives at Paris-Charles de Gaulle at 6:00 the following day.
A daily flight
- AF188: leaves Paris-Charles de Gaulle at 23:35, arrives in Hong Kong at 17:35 the following day;
- AF185: leaves Hong Kong at 22:50, arrives at Paris-Charles de Gaulle at 5:55 the following day.
A daily flight
Daily flight schedules (in local time) operated by Qantas in July-October 2018:
QF036: leaves Singapore at 20:15, arrives in Melbourne at 5:35 the following day;
QF035: leaves Melbourne at 11:55, arrives in Singapore at 17:55;
QF030: leaves Hong Kong at 20:10, arrives in Melbourne at 7:35 the following day;
QF029: leaves Melbourne at 9:35, arrives in Hong Kong at 17:20;