The South African Civil Aviation Authority (CAA) is a stand-alone government agency responsible for the promotion, regulation and enforcement of civil aviation safety and security regulations in South Africa. Areas of oversight include:
- Airports: certification of airports and heli-ports, monitoring civil and electrical engineering matters including lighting, navigational aids, their repair and maintenance;
- Airworthiness: concerned with ensuring that all: aircraft that fly in South African airspace are certified;
- Certification: deals with all certification activities in relation to aircraft products and parts;
- Personnel: examining, licensing and training of aviation personnel
- Operations: monitoring information contained in the operations manuals of every operator to ensure compliance with legislation;
- Airspace: provision of air traffic services;
- Accidents and incidents investigation: carried out on behalf of Government;
- Flight Inspection: calibrate radio navigational aids used by aircraft to ensure accuracy and reliability.
The Information Services division provides aeronautical information to the industry and also meets the information needs of the organization.
CAPA Profiles help you identify new business opportunities and make better business decisions, by providing accurate and up-to-date data on airports, airlines, suppliers, investors, MROs, lessors and countries around the world. Each profile offers comprehensive news and analysis, as well as the ability to drill down into data on schedules, capacity share, fleet, traffic, financial results and more.Become a CAPA Member
Our full profiles are only available to CAPA Members. CAPA Membership provides exclusive access to the information you need to monitor the competitive landscape and guide your organisation towards success.
It’s ideal for industry analysts, managers and executives who need a snapshot of the latest news, analysis and data from our global team, with the ability to export or email PDF reports in one click.
- 5000+ airports
- 3000+ airlines
- 1600+ suppliers
- 800+ airport investors
- 250+ countries and regions
- And more
CAPA Membership also gives you access to a customised selection of more than 400 global News Briefs every weekday, as well as a comprehensive Data Centre, Analysis Reports and Research Publications. You can also choose from our range of premium add-ons, including MRO Matrix, Route Maps, Fleet Data and more.