Widerøe is a Norwegian regional airline and the largest regional in Scandinavia. Widerøe operates an extensive network to both domestic and international destinations. In addition to commercial service, the carrier also operates Public Service Obligation service. SAS Group previously wholly owned Widerøe and sold 80% of the company's shares to WF Holding AS in Sep-2013, a private investment group owned by Torghatten ASA. SAS divested its remaining 20% stake in Widerøe to the majority shareholder on 30-Jun-2016. Widerøe operates as a regional partner to SAS.
Widerøe is the inaugural operator of Embraer’s E-Jet E2 Jet, after completing the first commercial flight with a Bergen-Tromsø service on 24-Apr-2018.
Norwegian entered into an agreement with WF Holding AS to purchase Widerøe, for NOK1125 million (EUR96.81 million) in Jul-2023.
CAPA Profiles help you identify new business opportunities and make better business decisions, by providing accurate and up-to-date data on airports, airlines, suppliers, investors, MROs, lessors and countries/territories around the world. Each profile offers comprehensive news and analysis, as well as the ability to drill down into data on schedules, capacity share, fleet, traffic, financial results and more.Become a CAPA Member
Our full profiles are only available to CAPA Members. CAPA Membership provides exclusive access to the information you need to monitor the competitive landscape and guide your organisation towards success.
It’s ideal for industry analysts, managers and executives who need a snapshot of the latest news, analysis and data from our global team, with the ability to export or email PDF reports in one click.
- 5000+ airports
- 3000+ airlines
- 1600+ suppliers
- 800+ airport investors
- 250+ countries/territories and regions
- And more
CAPA Membership also gives you access to a customised selection of more than 1,000 global News Briefs every week, as well as a comprehensive Data Centre, Analysis Reports and Research Publications. You can also choose from our range of premium add-ons, including Route Maps, Fleet Data and more.