LATAM Airlines Group S.A.
LATAM Airlines Group was formed through the merger of LAN Airlines and TAM Airlines which was officially completed on 22-Jun-2012. The merged airline group operates an extensive network of passenger and cargo services internationally and throughout Latin America. LATAM Airlines unveiled its a new logo in Aug-2015, and plans to work on a new corporate brand over a three-year period. A phased roll-out of the LATAM identity commenced in 2016, with the launch of LATAM divisions - LATAM Cargo and LATAM Airlines.
LAN and TAM continue to operate under their existing brands and maintain their current headquarters in Santiago, Chile and Sao Paulo, Brazil respectively.
The combined airline group is on the Santiago, New York and Sao Paulo Stock Exchanges. The Cueto Group owns a majority stake in the airline group with approximately 31.47%.
Affiliate airlines of the LATAM Airlines Group include:
- Lan Airlines, d/b/a LATAM Airlines Group - consolidated LATAM Airline division, (Chile; 100%, since Mar-1929)
- Lan Cargo, d/b/a LATAM Cargo Chile (Chile; 100%, since Mar-1929)
- TAM Airlines, d/b/a LATAM Airlines Brasil (Brazil; 100%, since 1976)
- TAM Paraguay, d/b/a LATAM Airlines Paraguay (Paraguay; 95%, since 1996)
- LAN Express, d/b/a LATAM Airlines Chile (Chile; 100%, since 1998)
- MasAir, d/b/a LATAM Cargo Mexico (Mexico; 40%, since Dec-2000)
- ABSA Cargo Airline, d/b/a LATAM Cargo Brasil (Brazil; 74%, since Nov-2001)
- Lan Ecuador, LATAM Airlines Ecuador (Ecuador; 45%, since Jul-2002)
- Lan Peru, LATAM Airlines Peru (Peru; 49%, since Sep-2002)
- Lan Argentina, d/b/a LATAM Airlines Argentina (49%, since 2005)
- Lan Colombia, d/b/a LATAM Airlines Colombia (Colombia; 98%, since Oct-2010)
- Lan Cargo Colombia, LATAM Cargo Colombia (Colombia; 90%, since 2009)
The LAN group also held a minority shareholding (25%) in Florida West International Airways. The carrier, majority owned by Atlas Air Holdings, operates freight services for its primary customer, LATAM Cargo.
LATAM Airlines Group introduced LATAM Airlines as it's new air passenger brand on 05-May-2016. The entity represents the passenger service operations of LAN Airlines and TAM Airlines, soon to become LATAM Airlines. The brand is part of the identity consolidation process and phased roll-out of the brand by the LATAM Airline Group.
To have full CAPA Profile access you need a CAPA Membership
Your portal for aviation data
CAPA Profiles contain the most up to date news and analysis plus a comprehensive range of timely and reliable data including schedules, capacity share (passenger and cargo), fleet summary, traffic results (monthly and annual), financial results and more. Access Profiles for the latest statistics and insights on airlines, airports, suppliers, countries and regions.
I didn't realise all this traffic data was here. The data is much more up-to-date than the other results we usually use - I'll be using this from now on.- Air Services Development Manager, Airport Member.
Phone: +61 2 9241 3200 | Email: firstname.lastname@example.org