LATAM Airlines Group S.A.
LATAM Airlines Group was formed through the merger of LAN Airlines and TAM Airlines which was officially completed on 22-Jun-2012. The merged airline group operates an extensive network of passenger and cargo services internationally and throughout Latin America. LATAM Airlines unveiled its a new logo in Aug-2015, and plans to work on a new corporate brand over a three-year period. A phased roll-out of the LATAM identity commenced in 2016, with the launch of LATAM divisions - LATAM Cargo and LATAM Airlines.
LAN and TAM continue to operate under their existing brands and maintain their current headquarters in Santiago, Chile and Sao Paulo, Brazil respectively.
The combined airline group is on the Santiago, New York and Sao Paulo Stock Exchanges. The Cueto Group owns a majority stake in the airline group with approximately 31.47%.
Affiliate airlines of the LATAM Airlines Group include:
- Lan Airlines, d/b/a LATAM Airlines Group - consolidated LATAM Airline division, (Chile; 100%, since Mar-1929)
- Lan Cargo, d/b/a LATAM Cargo Chile (Chile; 100%, since Mar-1929)
- TAM Airlines, d/b/a LATAM Airlines Brasil (Brazil; 100%, since 1976)
- TAM Paraguay, d/b/a LATAM Airlines Paraguay (Paraguay; 95%, since 1996)
- LAN Express, d/b/a LATAM Airlines Chile (Chile; 100%, since 1998)
- ABSA Cargo Airline, d/b/a LATAM Cargo Brasil (Brazil; 74%, since Nov-2001)
- Lan Ecuador, LATAM Airlines Ecuador (Ecuador; 45%, since Jul-2002)
- Lan Peru, LATAM Airlines Peru (Peru; 49%, since Sep-2002)
- Lan Argentina, d/b/a LATAM Airlines Argentina (49%, since 2005)
- Lan Colombia, d/b/a LATAM Airlines Colombia (Colombia; 98%, since Oct-2010)
- Lan Cargo Colombia, LATAM Cargo Colombia (Colombia; 90%, since 2009)
LATAM Airlines Group introduced LATAM Airlines as its new air passenger brand on 05-May-2016. The entity represents the passenger service operations of LAN Airlines and TAM Airlines, part of the identity consolidation process.
On 26-May-2020, LATAM Airlines Group announced a reorganisation plan which includes filing for Chapter 11. LATAM Airlines Chile, LATAM Airlines Peru, LATAM Airlines Colombia, LATAM Airlines Ecuador and LATAM Airlines' affiliate in the US have also filed for Chapter 11. LATAM Airlines Brasil, LATAM Airlines Argentina and LATAM Airlines Paraguay are not included in the filing.
On 11-Jun-2022, LATAM Airlines Group secured exit financing as part of its Chapter 11 restructuring process. LATAM Airlines Group secured approval from the US Bankruptcy Court for its Chapter 11 reorganisation proceeding on 18-Jun-2022.
On 03-Nov-2022, LATAM Airlines Group announced the completion of its restructuring process, emerging from Chapter 11 proceedings with over USD2.2 billion of liquidity and approximately USD3.6 billion less debt compared to the pre-filing period.
CAPA Profiles help you identify new business opportunities and make better business decisions, by providing accurate and up-to-date data on airports, airlines, suppliers, investors, MROs, lessors and countries/territories around the world. Each profile offers comprehensive news and analysis, as well as the ability to drill down into data on schedules, capacity share, fleet, traffic, financial results and more.Become a CAPA Member
Our full profiles are only available to CAPA Members. CAPA Membership provides exclusive access to the information you need to monitor the competitive landscape and guide your organisation towards success.
It’s ideal for industry analysts, managers and executives who need a snapshot of the latest news, analysis and data from our global team, with the ability to export or email PDF reports in one click.
- 5000+ airports
- 3000+ airlines
- 1600+ suppliers
- 800+ airport investors
- 250+ countries/territories and regions
- And more
CAPA Membership also gives you access to a customised selection of more than 1,000 global News Briefs every week, as well as a comprehensive Data Centre, Analysis Reports and Research Publications. You can also choose from our range of premium add-ons, including Route Maps, Fleet Data and more.