China Southern Air Holding Company
China Southern Air Holding Company is one of the three major Chinese airline groups. Originally founded in 1981, China Southern and its affiliates operate an extensive network of domestic and international services from their South China base at Guangzhou.
China Southern maintains its operational hub at Guangzhou Baiyun International Airport. The Chinese Government holds majority ownership of the Group while a portion of shares are also listed on the Shanghai, Hong Kong and New York Stock Exchange's (SSE: 600029, SEHK: 1055, NYSE: ZNH).
Subsidiaries and affiliate companies of China Southern include:
- Xiamen Airlines (55%)
- Chongqing Airlines Company Limited (60%, since Jul-2007)
- Hebei Airlines (acquired through Xiamen Airlines; 99.23%, since Oct-2014)
- Jiangxi Air (acquired through Xiamen Airlines; 60%)
- Zhuhai Airlines Company Limited (60%)
- Shantou Airlines Company Limited (60%)
- China Southern Henan Airlines Company Limited (60%)
- Guizhou Airlines Company Limited (60%)
- China Postal Airlines (49%, since Feb-1997)
- Sichuan Airlines (39%, since Aug-2002)
- Haikou Meilan International Airport Co. Ltd (4.92%)
CAPA Profiles help you identify new business opportunities and make better business decisions, by providing accurate and up-to-date data on airports, airlines, suppliers, investors, MROs, lessors and countries around the world. Each profile offers comprehensive news and analysis, as well as the ability to drill down into data on schedules, capacity share, fleet, traffic, financial results and more.Become a CAPA Member
Our full profiles are only available to CAPA Members. CAPA Membership provides exclusive access to the information you need to monitor the competitive landscape and guide your organisation towards success.
It’s ideal for industry analysts, managers and executives who need a snapshot of the latest news, analysis and data from our global team, with the ability to export or email PDF reports in one click.
- 5000+ airports
- 3000+ airlines
- 1600+ suppliers
- 800+ airport investors
- 250+ countries and regions
- And more
CAPA Membership also gives you access to a customised selection of more than 400 global News Briefs every weekday, as well as a comprehensive Data Centre, Analysis Reports and Research Publications. You can also choose from our range of premium add-ons, including MRO Matrix, Route Maps, Fleet Data and more.