Avianca Holdings S.A.
Avianca Holdings SA is a Latin American airline holding company headquartered in Bogotá, Colombia. Latin American conglomerate, the Synergy Group, is the largest single shareholder, with the second largest being the Kriete family (former owners of Grupo TACA). Avianca Holdings SA (formerly AviancaTaca AirHoldings Inc) was formed in 2010 as a result of a merger between Avianca and TACA. The group now hold stakes in a number of airlines previously part of Avianca SA and Grupo TACA. Avianca Holdings is dual-listed on the Bolsa Colombia (PFAVH) and NYSE (AVH).
Avianca Holdings SA portfolio of airlines include:
- Islena de Inversiones SA de CV (Avianca Honduras): (100%);
- Tampa Cargo SAS (Avianca Cargo): (100%);
- Trans American Airlines SA (Avianca Peru): (100%);
- Aerovías del Continente Americano SA (Avianca): (99.98%);
- AeroGal (Avianca Ecuador): (99.62%);
- TACA International Airlines SA (Avianca El Salvador): (96.84%);
- LACSA (Avianca Costa Rica): (92.40%);
- Aviateca SA/TACA Regional Guatemala (Avianca Guatemala);
- Aerounion (minority);
- Regional Express Americas;
- Not formally part of Avianca Holdings SA, Avian Líneas Aéreas (Avianca Argentina): The carrier is wholly-owned by the Synergy Group and not part of Avianca Holdings SA.
Avianca Holdings SA revealed its new unified ‘Avianca’ brand image for TACA Airlines, Aerogal and Tampa Cargo on 28-May-2013.
On 10-May-2020, Avianca filed for bankruptcy protection due to the coronavirus pandemic. The airline hopes to emerge as “a better, more efficient airline that operates for many more years.”
On 12-May-2020, Avianca announced the carrier is commencing a liquidation of its operations in Peru pursuant to local laws, which will allow Avianca to renew its focus on core markets upon emergence from its court-supervised reorganisation.
CAPA Profiles help you identify new business opportunities and make better business decisions, by providing accurate and up-to-date data on airports, airlines, suppliers, investors, MROs, lessors and countries/territories around the world. Each profile offers comprehensive news and analysis, as well as the ability to drill down into data on schedules, capacity share, fleet, traffic, financial results and more.Become a CAPA Member
Our full profiles are only available to CAPA Members. CAPA Membership provides exclusive access to the information you need to monitor the competitive landscape and guide your organisation towards success.
It’s ideal for industry analysts, managers and executives who need a snapshot of the latest news, analysis and data from our global team, with the ability to export or email PDF reports in one click.
- 5000+ airports
- 3000+ airlines
- 1600+ suppliers
- 800+ airport investors
- 250+ countries/territories and regions
- And more
CAPA Membership also gives you access to a customised selection of more than 1,000 global News Briefs every week, as well as a comprehensive Data Centre, Analysis Reports and Research Publications. You can also choose from our range of premium add-ons, including Route Maps, Fleet Data and more.