Zoom goes bust
Zoom Airlines suspended operations with effect from 18:00 on 28-Aug-08, with the carrier cancelling all services and grounding all its aircraft. Zoom Airlines Inc and Zoom Airlines Ltd, the Canadian and UK airlines, both filed for insolvency proceedings in their home countries on 29-Aug-08. [1005 words]
Unlock the following content in this report:
- Joins growing list of carriers collapsing in 2008
- Owes creditors CAD43.4 million; CAD78.5 million in deferred revenue
- Possible, but unlikely" Zoom could operate again in the future
Graphs and data:
- Worldwide airline failures: Dec-07 to Aug-08
- Zoom Airlines destination map: as at May-08
Please login to continue reading or find out more about CAPA Membership below.
This content is exclusively for CAPA Membership Subscribers
CAPA Membership gives you the latest aviation news and alerts, access to CAPA articles, reports, and our leading aviation data with optional premium add-ons.