Recorded at CAPA Asia Aviation & Corporate Travel Summit, 7-8 Nov 2017
The Key Trends In Airline Distribution in Asia
- The digital retail revolution
Have the days of having to choose between a direct or third party distribution strategy come to an end? With the emergence of platforms like voice and bots, online marketplaces have evolved and the point at which the relationship with the traveller switches hands has become less clear. Do airlines really believe that a new meta-led world will be better than the world they live in today. In this discussion, airlines will back up their rhetoric with facts, detail and solid client value proposition.
Can the evolving distribution landscape save premium yields?
Millions of dollars and countless hours go into product and service differentiation. Yet when most passengers book, the only information available is airline name, flight times and costs. Many airlines are not earning the yield premium they deserve and have invested in. Can the New Distribution Capability, and other technological/distribution changes, successfully enrich the booking experience and boost yields?
Moderator: Expedia Group, VP Transport Partner Services, James Marshall
- IATA, Director NDC Program, Yanik Hoyles
- Lufthansa Group Airlines, VP Asia Pacific, Dieter Vranckx
- RouteHappy, CCO, Jonathan Savitch
- Skyscanner, Senior Director, Strategic Partnerships, Hugh Aitken
- Travelport, VP Asia Pacific & Global Sales Strategy, Air Commerce, Damian Hickey