How Can Airlines Achieve Their Sustainability Goals?
Just as airlines begin to savour the prospect of financial sustainability, the threat of failing to meet sustainability goals can quickly replace that challenge. In the area of climate change, of course, national and EU emissions targets provide clear goals for airlines (and airports) to plan for. But the rapid growth of the industry intensifies the need to act quickly and effectively. And sustainability relates to more than simply our approach to climate change.
- Why does industry need to earn its licence to grow?
- What external pressures are we seeing to challenge aviation’s sustainability record?
- Status of EU ETS/CORSIA and overlap of national emission schemes with CORSIA
- Noise regulation as a challenge to growth
- The impact of illegal wildlife trafficking and industry’s efforts to save iconic species
- How to drive the commercial deployment of sustainable aviation fuels as a pillar of industry’s climate action strategy
Moderator: ATAG, Executive Director, Michael Gill [Download Presentation]
- Neste Suisse, Head of Aviation Solutions, Paul Paoletta
- Studio Pierallini/LUISS University of Rome, Partner/Professor Aviation Law, Laura Pierallini
- The Royal Foundation, Programme Manager, United for Wildlife, Rob Campbell