Aviation Insiders Air cargo prepares for vaccine roll-out
As the industry prepares for the arrival of newly announced vaccines for the COVID-19 virus, it is clear the impact for travel and aviation will be significant. Not only is there a rush to understand how these will be distributed around the world in the next 12 months but also an understanding of the industry once it is widely available.
- How do you plan for something that is on a scale like never before?
- What are the expectations around what proportion of distribution will be by air vs other surface modes?
- Refrigeration is one challenge. What are the other special features around distributing the vaccines globally?
- What are the realistic timeframes for delivering across the world?
- There are large rewards for airlines who get it right. How stiff is the competition between airlines/how much coordination or cooperation?