Air Cargo Growing In Prominence, But Challenges Remain
Air cargo is viewed by many passenger carriers as a “stepchild,” but changes in the global supply chain have given cargo greater prominence. The surge in growth of “e-commerce” has transformed consumer behaviour and has driven major increases in demand. Moreover, for countries such as the State of Qatar, having unfettered access to air cargo markets is a critical matter of national security.
- What forces are shaping the global cargo market? Does the regulatory framework support or hinder the growth of the industry
- What are the challenges to cargo growth?
- Safety and security issues
Moderator: TIACA, Secretary General, Vladimir Zubkov
- Amerijet International Airlines, President & CEO, Vicken Karjian
- FedEx Express, Regional President, MEISA, James Muhs
- Liege Airport, CEO, Luc Partoune