Tiger Airways reports double-digit traffic growth
Shares in most LCCs traded lower on Monday, reflecting the downward momentum of markets globally influenced by the earthquake crisis in Japan. Trading lowest was Vueling, down 4.9%. Shares in Vueling have dropped 15% over the past 30 days. Asian LCC shares were proportionally stronger, with SpiceJet up 3.6% and AirAsia up 2.8%.
Tiger Airways reported the following traffic highlights in Feb-2011:
- Passenger numbers: 484,000, +11% year-on-year;
- Passenger load factor: 83%, -2.0 ppts.
GOL reported the following traffic highlights in Feb-2011:
- Passenger traffic (RPKs): +4.5% year-on-year;
- Domestic: +4.4%;
- International: +5.9%;
- Load factor: 71.2%, +0.5 ppt;
- Domestic: 72.4%, +0.8 ppt;
- International: 62%, -2.1 ppts.
Selected PEA daily share price movements (% change): 14-Mar-2011