Qantas' outlook downgraded by Moody's to negative, Virgin Blue's February load factors slump
Virgin Blue meanwhile released its Feb-2011 traffic figures showing a 6.7% reduction in domestic passenger demand. Its domestic passenger load factor slumped 7.3 ppts to 76.8%. Full traffic highlights are as follows:
- Passenger numbers: 1.3 million, -9.2% year-on-year;
- Domestic: 1.2 million, -6.7%;
- International: 170,639, -23.7%;
- Load factor: 75.7%, -4.7 ppts;
- Domestic: 76.8%, -7.3 ppts;
- International: 74%, -0.5 ppt;
- Average aircraft in fleet: 88.5, +4%;
- On-time performance: 71.9%, -14.5 ppts.
Virgin Blue stated, “International passenger numbers for the month of February decreased by 23.7% over the previous year, principally due to the withdrawal of Pacific Blue from the domestic New Zealand market". The airline's shares were flat yesterday.
Selected Asia Pacific airlines daily share price movements (% change): 1-Apr-2011