Dufry declines on European uncertainty, despite revenue and EBITDA improvement in first quarter
EBITDA jumped 11.5% year-on-year to EUR45.0 million on a 8.5% rise in revenue to EUR406.3 million in the period. Cost of sales was up 5.8% year-on-year to EUR176.4 million, while EBIT rose 27.3% to EUR22.0 million. Dufry reported a net profit of USD5.8 million, a turnaround for a loss of EUR1.3 million in the previous corresponding period.
European airport shares continued their downward run yesterday with investor uncertainty about the eurozone economic outlook and potential future ash cloud-related airspace closures.
- Moscow Sheremetyevo Airport reports increased revenue and return to profit in 1Q2010;
- Brussels Airport reports 23% fall in Apr-2010 pax;
- NATS reports 21.2% drop in Apr-2010 traffic;
- Portland Airport reports 0.4% drop in Apr-2010 pax
- Canada's airport duty free sales up 6.6% in Apr-2010;
- Ben Gurion Airport reports 13.2% rise in Apr-2010 cargo volume.
Selected airports daily share price movements (% change): 20-May-2010