Copenhagen Airport's pax up 12.3%; Zurich Airport reports 8.1% pax increase
- Passenger numbers: 2.0 million, +12.3%;
- Domestic: 232,690, +20.4%;
- International: 1.8 million, +11.4%;
- Aircraft movements: 22,442, +6.8%.
Carsten Nørland, VP Sales of Copenhagen Airports, stated: “September was the fourth consecutive month of record-high passenger numbers, and after three months of summer with a clear majority of leisure passengers, September is typically a month when business travel picks up again after the holiday season. In our view the figures support that business passenger growth is continuing … The number of transfer passengers increased on a large number of routes, including Oslo and Stockholm, due both to our efforts to improve our transfer product and to the fact that SAS has again concentrated a large part of its traffic at Copenhagen Airport. Moreover, a number of northern European and Baltic destinations contributed substantial increases in the number of transfer passengers, all of which helps support our position as a northern European hub.”
Fraport (+0.1%) reported a group pax traffic increase of 12.3% for Sep-2010:
- Passenger numbers: 9.4 million, +12.3%;
- Aircraft movements: 74,314, +7.8%;
- Air cargo: 218,144 tonnes, +15.5%;
- Passenger numbers: 2.1 million, +8.1%;
- Aircraft movements: 20,186, +4.3%;
- Air cargo: 32,805 tonnes, +14.7%.
See related CAPA profile: Traffic - Airports
Zurich Airport also reported the following commercial developments in Sep-2010:
- Commercial revenue*: CHF41.1 million (EUR31 million), +7.0%;
- Airside: +5.6%;
- Landside: 8.8%;
- Revenue per departing passenger: CHF38.5, -1.0%;
- Airside: -2.3%;
- Landside: +0.7%.
* Based on the conversion rate EUR1 = CHF1.33265
See related CAPA profile: Financial results
Selected airports daily share price movements (% change): 12-Oct-2010