Jet Airways SWOT Analysis. Returns to profit in fourth quarter, but big challenges ahead
Jet Airways has come off another difficult financial year, but an extensive cost reduction programme launched in the second half of its latest financial year is bearing some early fruit with a return to profit in the fourth quarter. This SWOT Analysis reviews Jet Airways' internal strengths and weaknesses and its external opportunities and threats. [1042 words]
Unlock the following content in this report:
- STRENGTHS: Jet grasps the nettle, restructuring finally paying off
- WEAKNESSES: Brand confusion
- OPPORTUNITIES: Growth options limited to short-haul
- THREATS: Ongoing economic weakness and competitive tension
Graphs and data:
- Jet Airways EBITDAR margin growth: 1Q08 to 1Q09
- Jet Airways share price growth: Jan-2009 to May-2009
- Revenue per RPKM: 1Q08 to 4Q09
- Indian carriers total passenger numbers and passenger number growth: May-08 to Apr-09
- Indian carriers domestic market share (%): Mar-2009
Please login to continue reading or find out more about CAPA Membership below.
This content is exclusively for CAPA Membership Subscribers
CAPA Membership gives you the latest aviation news and alerts, access to CAPA articles, reports, and our leading aviation data with optional premium add-ons.