My Account Menu

CAPA Login

Register to trial CAPA Membership!

Infratil reports net loss, Aeroports de Paris gains, but traffic continues to contract


Shares in New Zealand’s infrastructure company, Infratil, slipped 1.3% in early morning trading on 17-Nov-2009, following the release of its financial results for the six months ended 30-Sep-2009, which showed a net loss of NZD31.4 million (USD23.6 million).

Infrail's portfolio includes Wellington Airport and airports in Europe. The company reported passenger traffic at its European airports fell 39% during the period, while Wellington Airport saw a 6% dip in domestic traffic and a 1.8% increase in international traffic.

Also in the Asia Pacific region, MAp and Australian Infrastructure Fund’s shares ended the day 1.1% and 0.8% lower, respectively. Chinese airports led share gains in the region, with Xiamen, Guangzhou and Shanghai airports gaining 3.7%, 3.0% and 2.1%, respectively.

Aeroports de Paris traffic continues to contract

In Europe, Aeroports de Paris’ traffic continued to contract in Oct-2009, led by traffic declines at Paris Orly Airport, which saw a 6.7% deterioration in passenger numbers, down from the -3.4% reported in the previous month. Combined passenger numbers at Paris Charles de Gaul and Paris Orly fell 3.3% year-on-year, while aircraft movements fell 6.7%.

Elsewhere in Europe, shares in Fraport, operator of Frankfurt Airport, gained 3.4% in trading. The group was upgraded from 'hold' to 'buy' by Citigroup, citing a recovery in passenger traffic in 2010 and increased revenues from external activities as the drivers.

Selected airports daily share price movements (% change): 16-Nov-2009

Want more analysis like this? CAPA Membership gives you access to all news and analysis on the site, along with access to many areas of our comprehensive databases and toolsets.
Find out more and take a free trial.